Juno, 2015
The first blizzard of the season finally arrived. Snow storm Juno was coming in on Monday night. The governor declared a State of Emergency and the MBTA was shutting down on Tuesday. Over the weekend, I made sure to get food and water - which I am glad I did because I heard the grocery stores would be absolutely crazy.

Trying to get home on Monday night was almost impossible. It took me two and a half hours for me to get home. I had secured a spot on a train, but only went one stop when they declared the train out of service and had to get off. I squeezed onto the next one and stood there for what seemed like eternity before they announced that the train was out of service. The next train to come through was announced as out of service before it even came through. I waited for two more trains and couldn't even get on. So, I left that train stop and walked back to the station I usually get on at to restart my journey. This seemed to work and I was able to catch a train and make it to the end of the line to catch my bus.

After I got home I cooked up some food so I would have some things to eat just in case the power went off the next day. I headed off to bed a couple hours later in anticipation for the big blizzard rolling through.

When I woke up, I immediately looked out the window and noticed all the snow that came over the night. Since a State of Emergency was called and the MBTA was closed, it was a work from home day. I checked to see if I had power and I did - which was good. I left my blinds open so I could see how the weather would change, but I didn't notice too much of a change. I think the biggest part of the blizzard had happened during the night.

Screenshot 2016-06-05 17.16.17
Where I live we ended up getting 32 inches of snow. That is quite a bit. I didn't leave my apartment, but ventured out onto my little patio to check out all the snow. The nest day, getting to work was quite interesting, as I had never had to commute in the snow before. I left early, and my bus stop had so much snow _ the pile was up to my waist. I was trying to figure out how I was going to get to the bus when I noticed there was a driveway right next to the bus stop that was plowed out. Walking around now, I am among snow piles that are ridiculously huge. Also, the challenge every day is to not slip and fall on the hidden ice. So far, I have been lucky to not harm myself by slipping on ice.

Screenshot 2016-06-05 17.16.33Screenshot 2016-06-05 17.16.52

So, I survived my first blizzard. It wasn't too bad - or at least in my opinion it wasn't.. But another storm is coming this week! We'll see how I do with that one.